This is a widget with multiple file selection, drag&drop support, progress bars and preview images. It supports cross-domain, chunked and resumable file uploads and client-side image resizing. File Upload works with any server-side platform (PHP, Python, Ruby on Rails, Java, Node.js, Go etc.) and is easy to embed into your application thanks to a number of hooks and callbacks.
Here is the link to the demo page: http://blueimp.github.io/jQuery-File-Upload/
- Multiple file upload: Allows to select multiple files at once and upload them simultaneously.
- Drag & Drop support: Allows to upload files by dragging them from your desktop or filemanager and dropping them on your browser window.
- Upload progress bar: Shows a progress bar indicating the upload progress for individual files and for all uploads combined.
- Cancelable uploads: Individual file uploads can be canceled to stop the upload progress.
- Resumable uploads: Aborted uploads can be resumed with browsers supporting the Blob API.
- Chunked uploads: Large files can be uploaded in smaller chunks with browsers supporting the Blob API.
- Client-side image resizing: Images can be automatically resized on client-side with browsers supporting the required JS APIs.
- Preview images, audio and video: A preview of image, audio and video files can be displayed before uploading with browsers supporting the required APIs.
- Graceful fallback for legacy browsers: Uploads files via XMLHttpRequests if supported and uses iframes as fallback for legacy browsers.
- HTML file upload form fallback: Allows progressive enhancement by using a standard HTML file upload form as widget element.
- Cross-site file uploads: Supports uploading files to a different domain with cross-site XMLHttpRequests or iframe redirects.
- Multiple plugin instances: Allows to use multiple plugin instances on the same webpage.
- Customizable and extensible: Provides an API to set individual options and define callBack methods for various upload events.
- Multipart and file contents stream uploads: Files can be uploaded as standard “multipart/form-data” or file contents stream (HTTP PUT file upload).
- Compatible with any server-side application platform: Works with any server-side platform (PHP, Python, Ruby on Rails, Java, Node.js, Go etc.) that supports standard HTML form file uploads.
Here is the link to download files: https://github.com/blueimp/jQuery-File-Upload
The File Upload plugin is regularly tested with the latest browser versions and supports the following minimal versions:
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari 4.0+
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0+
- Opera 11.0+
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0+
The File Upload plugin has been tested with and supports the following mobile browsers:
- Apple Safari on iOS 6.0+
- Google Chrome on iOS 6.0+
- Google Chrome on Android 4.0+
- Default Browser on Android 2.3+
- Opera Mobile 12.0+
For a detailed overview of the features supported by each browser version please have a look at the https://github.com/blueimp/jQuery-File-Upload/wiki/Browser-support.
About the article Author:
Hi, we are createIT!
As a passionate group of professionals with a love for Web and mobile technologies, we have been successfully serving our clients for the past 15 years. Through these years we have continuously striven to create the best IT solutions our clients seek.
Our 70+ developer team creates cutting-edge complex B2B and B2C web systems and apps as well as delivers top-notch direct outsourcing services.
We are located in Warsaw, Poland, in the heart of Europe. Concentrated on delivering durable web solutions of high integrity, we do not always try to be the cheapest. However, thanks to our location you will be surprised how reasonable our prices are.
Fluent in English we offer services worldwide. Among others, in countries such as the U.S.A., Great Britain, Germany, Australia, Sweden and Poland.