The success of this project is due to our flexible IT outsourcing offer. The scope of the project was redesign and website development. The team of outsourced developers worked on custom code combined with readymade WordPress solutions. Thanks to that, the website could carry 6 million traffic.
Unleash the power of a huge traffic WordPress website
This non-standard PHP website supports the huge traffic of over 6 million followers of the foundation.
We developed a WordPress website for the Freedom United charity with 6M+ visitors. We added an advanced CRM, e-learning system, badges, and more. Now, we are redesigning for new UX standards and optimal performance to enhance supporter experience. 7 years of successful cooperation.
The business goals of the Client:
- Be able to handle 6M+ traffic
- Manage charity campaigns, donations
- Eradicate modern slavery
- Educate people on the different forms of modern slavery
- Create a reward system for participants
Freedom United is the largest community in the world dedicated to fighting human trafficking and modern slavery. Freedom United acts by educating others on the subject of the modern abuse of people and helps victims of slavery.
About the project flow
Customer needs mapping during in-depth scoping
Analysis of the customer's business environment and customer behaviour on their current website
Establishment of a method for achieving business goals and their prioritization
Creation of a project action map along with a system functionality map
The service on this project was to outsource the development team. A group of our WordPress developers worked 50% on custom code, the rest were already available WordPress solutions.
System architecture and system performance
- REST API, AWS SNS and AWS SQS
- multi-layer caching
The main functionalities of the platform that are important from the Client’s perspective
A notification system for the progression of charity activities, including:
- A non-standard e-learning system in which users can learn about the problems and cases associated with modern slavery
- An advanced CRM with information for the user
- Integration with the Yoast plugin for SEO
- Integration with the Event Calendar
The main functionalities of the platform that are important from the user’s perspective
- An online system for creating and managing petitions and charity donations, including
- Integration with the social proof widget
- A personalized, complex News module
- Integration with the advanced WordPress plugin for commenting
Systems integrated with the platform
The challenges we have overcome
The main challenge we encountered was to achieve advanced website performance while using several plugins that the website depended on. Specifically, we aimed to attain a Google page score of over 80%. Since plugins often reduce website performance, we had to find a way to optimize their usage while maintaining website functionality.
Moreover, we faced the challenge of combining optimization of the existing website with implementing a new and efficient design for both end-users and performance tests. This involved ensuring that the website design was visually appealing, easy to navigate, and optimized for speed and performance.
Does your company need a similar solution or would you like to go down an individual path?
We are ready for both!